Civil Litigation - Plaintiff or Defense
- Filing and defending lawsuits on behalf of clients for breaches of contract and general business disputes.
- Litigating on behalf of clients injured in automobile accidents and for clients injured due to the negligence of others such as slips and falls. Also includes clients with claims for nuisance and trespass.
- Asserting client rights against the sellers of defective products. Also includes litigation on behalf of victims of fraudulent and deceptive business practices.
- Reviewing and negotiating of contracts for the purchase and sale of businesses, employment agreements, and settlement agreements.
- Litigating on behalf of of employees and employers regarding discrimination claims. Assistance with the wrongful denial of benefits by employers and the Social Security Administration. Includes ERISA compliance.
- Guiding clients through contested and uncontested divorces, separation agreements, and annulments. Includes child custody issues and pre-nuptial and ante(post)-nuptial agreements.
- Drafting wills, trusts, and other estate planning documents. Also includes healthcare proxies, probate matters, trust administration, and guardianships.
- Handling the probate and administration of estates. Represents plaintiffs and defendants in will contests and disputes.
Real EstatePurchase and Sale of Residential and Commercial Property
- Advising and representing the buyers and sellers of residential and commercial property. Includes review, drafting, and negotiation of listing agreements, offers, and final contracts. Preparing deeds and closing documents. Reviewing mortgage applications.
- Helping homeowners keep their homes by responding to foreclosure proceedings at any stage of the process.
- Mortgage review and guidance. Preparation of closing documents and tax consequence advising and planning.
- Litigation regarding breach of real estate contracts including failure to return downpayments for real estate transactions.
- Dealing with issues surrounding activities on and changes to real property. Includes permits and variances.
- Represents landlords and tenants to resolve property disputes. Includes filing and defending eviction proceedings.
- Drafting, negotiating, and reviewing leases for residential and commercial property.
Taxes/Tax PlanningIndividual Federal Income Tax Preparation
- Tax preparation and filing of 1040 returns.
- State and local preparation and filing.
- Preparation and filing of fiduciary tax returns for trusts and estates (1041).
- Preparation and filing of State and Federal estate tax returns.
- Preparation of accountings and asset reconciliations for estate executors and trustees.
- Tax advising and planning for gifts.
- Handles and responds to IRS audits on behalf of clients.
- Files tax grievances and advocates for clients seeking to reduce their residential property taxes at hearings and in NYS Supreme Court.
- Sets up corporate structures for new and existing businesses such as corporations and limited liability corporations. Advises on the tax benefits of entity selection.